The Cameroon Humanitarian Relief Initiative is seeking an energetic leader for the position of Executive Director. The Executive Director will be responsible for managing the overall operations of CHRI to support its mission. With a dedicated team and an engaged Steering Committee, the successful candidate will help forge new partnerships to build on CHRI’s existing programs, increasing the organization’s impact, financial resources and visibility. The Executive Director will establish, cultivate, and maintain strong working relationships with staff, key stakeholders, and with a network of donors including businesses and other nonprofits.
The Executive Director reports to the Steering Committee and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
Provide strategic direction and drive fulfillment of organization’s mission
- Assure that the strategic goals and objectives of the organizations are carried out
- Develop with the Steering Committee, a work plan to ensure the optimal functioning of relief efforts.
- Communicate the organization’s performance and progress against goals using quantitative and qualitative metrics developed jointly with the Steering Committee and staff
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with local, national and international regulations
- Provide leadership in fundraising plans with the Steering Committee
- Develop communication strategies with the Communications Lead to promote and enhance CHRI activities
- Serve as the organization’s primary public representative
Manage staff and operations
- Be responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers
- Ensure that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resources policies and practices are in place
- Encourage and support staff and volunteer development and education
- Maintain an environment that attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse team of top quality people
Establish a budget and manage organizational finances
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices
- Work with the staff and the Steering Committee in preparing a budget; see that the organization operates within budget guidelines
- Jointly, with the Co-Chairs of the Steering Committee, conduct official correspondence of the organization, and jointly, with designated officers, execute legal documents
Partner with the Steering Committee
- Align and gain approval for annual and long-term objectives
- Meet regularly with the Steering Committee and discuss progress, address obstacles, and report on performance
- A Master’s degree in management, business administration or equivalent is preferred but not mandatory
- At least 5 years’ senior nonprofit management experience
- Proven track record in project management and community engagement
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including public speaking with both large and small audiences
- Ability to lead both experienced and junior staff
- Financial management background
- Experience working with Steering Committee
- Passion for the Mission of The Cameroon Humanitarian Relief Initiative
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.